Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stranded.........The lucky turned unlucky

Joey has this ongoing saying that I am the luckiest guy he knows and that everything always goes my way...............Well the streak has ended with a huge drop to the bottom.

Well if it wasn't bad enough that I have 8 flights scheduled in 3 days from this Wednesday to Friday ranging from Tampa, FL to Atlanta and Memphis all with connections I was leaving Tampa on Wednesday night and the flight arriving that I was to be on to get to Memphis for my Thursday meeting was 40 minutes late! So of course when I got to Atlanta I had 10 minutes until my connection flight was scheduled to leave and of course (as typical in ATL) I had to sprint for 3 terminals and when I got to my gate they said the flight left early!! What!? How does your flight leave early when you have people not on it that are stuck on another flight? Well, anyway, Delta got me a room (as close to a dump as you can get - as most airport hotels are) and after a quick nap last night I am about to board my new flight this morning to get to Memphis for a 10:00 meeting. Do airlines not care anymore? There must be a conspiracy somewhere.........maybe it could just be the reason most airlines are declaring bankruptcy?

After waking up at 3:45 AM Wednesday morning and not getting in bed until 11:00 PM in my Country Inn dump and having to wake up this morning at 4:00 AM needless to say I am a little tired. Please pray that my travels go smoothly from here on out because another screw up could end my "lucky" stauts forever.......and Joey you just might not reap the "rub off" benefit of being with me when I am lucky.

3 comments:

  1. Here's the thing. Luck doesn't just leave a guy. It may come disguised as something else, though. Although this may appear to be a string of bad luck, I feel certain that Delta has two round trip tickets to anywhere in the US in the mail...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'll give you a little sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too much Michelle, I am flying to St. Thomas on Tuesday next week and then to Puerto Rico Wednesday.....Working the whole time of course......

    ReplyDelete